Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Woooooooooooowwwwoooh - my planning is on fire.....

We are on fire at the moment, with regards to planning that is! All the important things are booked or in progress - I think! My dress is being made as we speak, it’s going well and the clock is ticking away. Less than five months to go until our big day!



I got a beautiful invitation through the post yesterday from Rachael and Victoria for my Hen Party - I don't know any more details as I've just handed it over to them and left myself in their hands; I cannot wait!  It will be really nice to spend some girly time with my friends and family.

I've become the haggling queen and I don't think that me and Tom have booked anything yet without asking for a discount or added value and we've got some absolute bargains - It really is true that as soon as you say the W word that prices are just hiked up for some reason.  Asking for a discount isn't as bad as I thought it would be and Tom has given me some good tips on things to say and do.

We've found a lovely florist that will do the majority of our flowers.  Everyone seems to think that it's hilarious that I want a giant white pouffy ball bigger than my head.... but that's what I'd like and apparently as I'm the bride - that's what I can get!  Our flowers are going to be hot pink gerberas and white roses, we're not too sure in what combination yet but it's a definite work in progress.  Hair and Make up is also sorted.  Tom's found me one of his old school friends; Sam, who is a make up artist to the stars - I've had to cut down on hair budget to afford her but she looks great and I want my make up to last all day so hopefully she'll be good.

We went back to the Church and to the Venue and it reconfirmed our decisions; they are both so beautiful and its going to be magical spending our wedding day at them.  We tried some of their delicious canapes and had a chat to some of the staff at South Farm, everyone was really friendly.  We had a look round the cottages and the bridal suite took my breath away - gorgeous!



So left to do now:  Honeymoon, Men's suits, Rings, Flower girl dress, lingerie and honeymoon outfits, (of course!) Gift List, Invitations and then the fiddly organisational bits which can mostly be done in January - we are well and truly getting there.....

The nightmares have also begun!  Anyone who’s been through a wedding of their own will know what I mean. I can only imagine they’re going to get worse too! Others have been having them to apparently:  Vic told me that she dreamt that Tom's mobile rang during the ceremony and she got told off when she had a go at him for answering it - hilarious!

Love Helen xx

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like the invite!!! Its going to be a fabby day! xx

    ReplyDelete