Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Journey Continues...

I thought I'd start with a favourite photo for me to remember my amazing engagement holiday.... no real reason except for that!



After a bit of a wedding lull, which was actually quite refreshing and gave us some time out, we've got back into it a bit more in the last few days, its becoming easier now that the big decisions are made, although still lots of fiddly bits to sort out and decide - but these are the good decisions like how many diamonds I'd like on my wedding band and what dessert we'd like to have!

Reality is starting to hit now and I'm getting really excited about the actual day.  I'm getting used to becoming Mrs Elliott - although that still looks very weird in print!  I'm walking myself through the day and many things are giving me big butterflies.  When my school friends booked their accommodation and when people talk about travelling up to the venue and what they are going to wear; it's really making me believe that this is actually happening and I'm getting married!  Its such a lovely, nerve-wracking, exciting, poo-in-my-pants scary feeling!

We've chosen the ties for the Groomsman which are really stylish,  We've got a good idea about what wedding rings we'd both like and we're moving forward with our invitations now ready for send out late November/early December. 

Tom is going to sort out the honeymoon details, as this is something that I would like to hand over to him and trust that he'll choose us somewhere fantastic, which I know he will.  He did an unbelievable job with the engagement so I know I'm in safe hands (Tom - no pressure!)  It's going to be so amazing just to get away from it all for a couple of weeks and totally relax as newly weds.  I'm going to change my passport before we go so that I can travel as Mrs Elliott - I can't wait!

We have our menu tasting on my birthday!  The venue have a really cool way of doing menu tastings as they invite everyone who is having a wedding in the next 6 months to the venue for an evening, where the barn is set up for a wedding so you can see what it will look like, decorated etc.  They then lay out lots of different dishes from canapes, starters to mains and desserts for us to look at and try.  The wine flows freely and you can buy any other wines on their list for half price to try at a later date.   They have warned us not to eat much beforehand as its a massive feast.  I can't wait for this birthday treat - very original this year.

Helen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment