Wednesday, September 29, 2010

No Going Back Now!

I've just returned from the Post Office where I paid and posted out some very special deliveries for our special family and friends.  It was a really nice moment, and I pushed the beautiful envelopes into the post box with a big smile on my face!  Lets hope they all arrive safely and the date is noted in everyones calendars.

Me and Tom have now spend quite a few hours going through all the bits and bobs - at this stage some key decisions have to be made and we seem to have a lot of admin and fiddly bits to confirm/sort out.  Its fun in stages but not so fun in others as it involves lots of reading and talking through and differences in opinions and I guess this bit is the tricky bit and after this we can concentrate on the more fun aspects.

Tom's been great though, I think at times my inner Bridezilla comes out and if I find that difficult to deal with then Tom has no chance!  I often think that Grooms get overlooked in this process and they are taught to say 'whatever you want dear' and I absolutely don't want that.  Hopefully there will be lots of little 'Tom touches' as well as 'Helen' ones too.  We're learning how each other makes key decisions and, just like buying a house, we differ quite a lot, but I also think we complement each other too.

We went to Sandown Wedding fair on Sunday with Karen and Ellie - it was really nice to see Ellie (and Karen!) so excited about different things and also really enjoyable to get them involved too.  We had lots of tastings of cake and chocolate fountains, saw a wonderful fashion show.  Ellie took round a little notepad and pen and even noted down a few dresses that she liked too - what an organised little flower girl she's going to be!

I'm now on the search for a good florist and hair and make up artist/s - seems to be a tricky process as how do I know if they are good or not when I'm not from that area - have to do a little bit more research on that one.


Another bit of lovely news is that the Amos family have booked their cottage for the wedding weekend!  It's where I will wake up on the morning of the wedding and rather than an impersonal hotel, we decided to try and find a cottage that we could rent for the seven of us (and Fred) so that we could relax all together the night before and do things the way that we wanted.

After much trawling (seven is a difficult number!) Rachael found this little gem for us: White House Cottage - a very cute cottage sleeping eight with a lounge, kitchen, four bedrooms with a family room and a nice outside area.  It looks perfect and will be really special to spend that time there with my family before the wedding and getting ready with them in the morning.

We're going back to South Farm this weekend as it's their open day.  It will be great to see the venue again now it's all booked and we can hopefully chat through some other bits with them too.  I'm also hoping to meet a florist there and also go to Church on the Sunday so that we can begin to form a little relationship with them which I think is important before the wedding.

Helen xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment