Sooooo - where I'm up to so far... I've booked appointments with 18 different venues (Yes 18!!) We're looking in three locations - Stroud, Surrey and Cambridge. All three locations have pro's and cons so it's just a case of keeping an open mind and seeing what we like, what we can afford and the best thing for us and all our guests. I think that we are going to get married in Church so we have to coordinate that as well. We visited Denbies Vineyard in Dorking, Surrey on Saturday so the search has already begun. As we want to do it early next year the key things for us to book asap are the venue and then get my dress sorted out.Saturday is dress shopping day, I'm having Rachael and Victoria as bridesmaids and also Tom's 7 year old niece Ellie. Freddy is going to be my Page Boy! We're going to three bridal shops, one in Knaphill Surrey - which is where Vic got her dress from, One in Walton and the other in Weybridge, you get an hour and basically try as many dresses on as possible. I have no idea what I want yet so going to try on lots of different styles and see what I like and what suits me. I seriously have to pinch myself when I think that I'm going to be a bride - its really quite overwhelming!
So that's kind of where we are at so far. We had a family engagement party at our house on Saturday and it was really nice to see everyone together, mum made us a cake and also instead of a normal bouquet of flowers she bought me an actual bridal bouquet - which was actually really scary (but very lovely indeed) I've been sent/given 6 bouquet's of flowers so far from friends and suppliers so I'm feeling extremely spoilt at the moment.
Oh and I forgot to mention before that when we arrived back from our holiday, our front door was decorated with loads of balloons and Happy Engagement banners - Kaz had sneakily done it on the day we came home. A little embarrassing but hilarious and a really thoughtful touch. We're starting to feel like mini celebrities - Thank you Karen!
Helen xxx



No comments:
Post a Comment