Friday, August 27, 2010

Navy Blue and Hot Pink

Our Colour Scheme

We've decided on a Navy Blue and Hot Pink colour scheme for our wedding and I love it!  These colours will go really well with the grey suits for the men and white (obviously) as well.

There were a few reasons why we chose these two colours:

1) We wanted something a little bit different than the usual 'wedding' colours and these two really stood out, they are nice bright colours that reflect our personalities
2) I love pink!
3) They are remarkably similar to a certain football teams away colours....!

Bridesmaid Dresses

Now we have colours other things can start to take shape.  Rachael found two gorgeous Bridesmaid dresses for her and Vic - and they were in the sale so under budget!  They are not your typical bridesmaid dress which was also important to me so that they can wear them again afterwards.  The dresses fitted them both perfectly and they look gorgeous wearing them.  Teamed with a bright pink flowers they will look stunning!

Venue Search Update

We've seen two venues so far, both in Surrey:  Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking and Greyfriars House just outside Guildford.  Both venues were really interesting and both ticked our requirements of a 'different' kind of venue, rather than your chain hotel - working at The Ritz means that I'm not massively keen on a hotel wedding, unless the hotel is a little bit different.  We really want a venue with soul and character.

We're not sure that either venue is right for us just yet and have loads more to see so we'll keep searching and see what we come up with.  We want to get this booked up by mid September.  We're happy to define certain things like numbers and other elements by the venue so it's important that we get this right.

A date also means that we can start to source other suppliers like Photographer, Videographer, Florist and we can also book the church.  It also means that I can start counting down the days until I'm Mrs Elliott!

We've got a really busy Bank Holiday weekend back in Gloucestershire so I'll update after then.

Happy Friday!

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment