It's the most fantastic feeling when others around you start thinking about your wedding and making plans around it. I think now that Christmas is over and it's 2011, people are now starting to plan.
We've had all of our RSVP's back now and lots of our friends and families have booked their hotels and are now thinking about outfits, accessories and plans for the day.
It's Tom's stag next weekend and my hen the following and it's then that we've really entered into the wedding as the celebrations will have begun. I simply can't wait to see what my sisters have got planned and in store for me, many of my friends have just stopped talking to me about it, in case they let the cat out of the bag. I know that it will be an incredibly special weekend and that a lot of time and effort has gone into the planning and for that I am incredibly humbled and thankful! - BRING IT ON!!
I'm not one of those girls that gets stressed about their other half's going out and will certainly not be worried about his Stag do (the official one in London or the unofficial one in France) I trust him implicitly, he's a big boy, knows what he's doing and I just want him to have a blast, get hideously drunk, enjoy himself and spend time with his family and friends. Although I will say this: Tom - there will be no sympathy on Sunday and anything you can do - I can and WILL do better!!!
In the last few weeks we've done a bit more organising, received our guest book last night which looks beautiful. We've booked our rehearsal, which will be 1pm on Friday 25th Feb. I've booked in for a very expensive eyebrow shape. (I'm currently growing out my stupid hairy eyebrows so will just have to bear it for another six weeks!) We've made some progress on the table plan, flowers and planning documents and we're on schedule for those to be finished in time. Tom's now bought his shirt and just has shoes to buy. We've got all the elements of our favours and just have to make them and we've also got almost everything ready for our table centres too.
I have about 7 or 8 things I'm waiting on delivery for - we're getting to know our postman and Royal Mail delivery office really well!
Last weekend was really special as it was Freddy's naming day and first birthday and we had a lovely day at Foxhill's where the ceremony and party was held. Mum and Dad came to stay and we also went to hear our penultimate set of banns being read at St Peter's in Hersham. Rachael and John came too and it was another nice moment for us, not as emotional as in St Mary's but still special all the same. Sunday afternoon saw us and about 20, 5 year olds attend Max's football party. It was hilarious watching them all chase after the ball! So a really busy weekend.
The nice but serious bit
I now want to, and need to spend more focus on Tom and our marriage. It's easy to get swept up in the organisation and I have been getting overly stressed about everything being right and perfect. It sounds silly but it's important to me to have some time to reflect, enjoy and ponder, on the fact that we're getting married, and at the end of the wedding day, we'll love each other to death and will be together forever and this is what counts; not the matching napkins or the tableplan or even the fancy dress and honeymoon, it's the fact that we'll be Mr and Mrs Elliott and this means the world to me. I'll make sure that I do everything in my power to ensure that the day runs as smooth as possible but on the actual day, I honestly won't care if something goes wrong or is not quite as i'd planned. The most important thing is that me and Tom show the world that we are in love and prove to everyone who loves us just how much we mean to each other.
and on that note I will say ttfn!
Helen xx
No comments:
Post a Comment