Happy Tuesday!
We had a lovely birthday weekend for Tom, which involved lots of family and friends, burst tires, 70th birthday celebrations, cheese and port, a fab Nigella recipe, a killer 31st hangover for Tom and two exhausted people by Sunday evening!
It also involved a little bit of wedding stuff as well (surprise surprise) We bought Tom's wedding band, its a very simple palladium court ring. It's a timeless, classic ring and I think it's beautiful. I also bought Tom a very special wedding gift, which I can't talk too much about on here, but suffice to say that I really hope he likes it - I've been saving for a very long time to be able to get it for him and hopefully it will make up for all the gorgeous gifts that he's given me.
Our Invitations, Order of Service, Menus and Thank you Cards are currently with a fantastic printers that I know will do a great job. They have been designed for us by Stu, who did our logo as well (his work is still not done but that's another story!) Hopefully they will arrive in the next few weeks so that we can send them out to all you lovely people - then there really will be a wedding!
It's my birthday on Saturday and it's going to be one like no other that I've ever had. Tinged with a touch of sadness as it will be my last one as Miss Helen Amos. We've got the tasting evening to attend, where we get to see the venue set up for a wedding, see the Front of House staff in action, and taste all the yummy food and wine that we can choose from. The venue have told us to arrive hungry as it's going to be a feast!
Next on the list to get ticked off is Honeymoon, sending out the invites, confirming final guest list and evening guest list, and then I think we might have to start thinking about Christmas - which we are hosting this year for Mum and Dad. I don't want our wedding to spoil our Christmas celebrations and hopefully we'll have been very organised and up to speed with everything so that we can take a week off to relax and enjoy Santa.
Love Mrs Elliott to be
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment