Saturday, March 12, 2011

On becoming a wife: 6am - 1pm

I opened my present from R – a gorgeous pair of peach knickers with ‘Mrs Elliott’ across the bottom – I’d actually forgotten to bring my blue undies so this was perfect.  I got two beautiful cards and words from my sisters and I cherished that time with them.

We all showered and then headed off (in the pouring rain L - although I didn’t care at all!) to the hairdressers.  They were all waiting for us and we started getting our hair washed and styled to perfection.  
We sat in the massage chairs whilst our hair was washed.  I think everyone felt pampered and happy with my choice of hairdressers.  We were given tea’s coffee’s and bubbly, as well as a choice of pastries and fruit – felt like a lovely start to the day.  I could feel myself beginning to get pretty nervous and I still had that kind of bubble feel – like everything was happening around me and this was it – my day had finally arrived!

I was so happy with my hair, it looked so amazing when they were finished, the look was real beginning to take shape now, the flowers arrived whilst we were there and John brought the two bridesmaids flowers to us, they were gorgeous and looked so pretty in R +V’s hair. 

It was still raining when we left the hairdressers, I spoke to Katy on the phone and started to feel quite emotional when she said ‘see you at the church'  When we got back to the cottage, Sam had arrived to do mine and Mum’s make up. She started on mum and R+V got started on theirs too.  This gave me 30 mins or so to have a little bit of toast and then Rockie gave me a present   from Tom;  a stunningly beautiful pair of diamond earrings – I didn't have any to wear on the day and they were just perfect, subtle and sparkly – they matched my dress and he gave me a lovely little note with them too – making me feel so happy and lucky and yet really quite nervous at the same time.

It was then time for my make up – Joey took some shots of me having it done, the excitement and nerves were really kicking in then but there was lots going on around me which kept me distracted.  We had some tunes on and Sam got to work.  During the make up I saw Katy and Sarah pull up to the cottage as they were staying next door – I jumped out my seat and we had a couple of minutes saying hi and OMG’s to each other – another surreal moment!   My make up looked amazing once we had finished, I had tweaked it a bit since my trial and asked for a bit more pinks and softer colours and I think it looked a lot softer and prettier so I was really pleased – things were starting to come together.

Before I knew it – it was time to get into my dress. I’d lost a little more weight since I tried it on but it still fitted really well and I looked like a bride.  R+V busied themselves helping me look my best, packed up their stuff, had a few photographs and then left me and Dad alone together.  The time I had with Dad I will cherish forever.  We had a very special moment together and I could not have asked for a better man to support me in the last few minutes before I got married.  Thank you Dad.

Tom’s cousin Stuart drove me and Dad to the church, it was still raining lightly but I honestly couldn’t have cared less.  We started the drive to the church.  Still slightly early, until we hit the Offord Level Crossing, where we were held up for two trains to pass.  This made the nerves grow and grow and I can’t decide if it was a good or bad thing!  Whilst we were waiting, Adele’s 'To make you feel my love' came on the radio and it was beautiful to sit there, in my gorgeous dress, holding dad’s hand and just contemplating what I was about to do.

We arrived at the church and as we pulled up it was like a hive of activity started outside, I could see R+V getting out of the car in front of us, The videographer and Photographer spring into action and run towards me, but mostly I remember Ellie, standing resolutely at the top of the walkway waiting for me.  Jim had told me that she’d not moved from that spot since she arrived and she was shaking like a leaf when I got to her – both of us in the same boat it would seem.  I remember Gary our videographer saying hello and Richard was there to help us into the church with an umbrella.

This was it – my moment.  I had a few minutes with me and Ellie, she told me that she was really scared and I just told her that I was too and she just had to do it.  Then I heard the organist start up and the music began to play – Ellie was off down the aisle, hurray she had done it.  I gave my sisters a hug and they left too.  Me and my dad began our journey to Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment